While you can use WordPress media library to handle files in some extent, it doesn’t really provide an easy way to list those files for download on your site. Using Shared Files you can easily create such list of downloadable files.
All you have to do is to follow these steps:
- Download the free version of Shared Files and install it on your WordPress site
- Add some files from the file management
- Insert the shortcode [shared_files] to any page or post
Download the free version of Shared Files
You can download the plugin from here or install it directly to your site from Plugins page in the WordPress admin area.
Add some files from the file management
Add the files you would like to provide for download from the file management. You’ll find the file management in the WordPress admin area under Shared Files, after you have installed the plugin.
Insert the shortcode to any page or post
Insert the shortcode [shared_files] to the content editor of any page or post and the list of downloadable files will appear.
Shared Files PRO
The Pro version has some additional features, and is actively developed based on feedback from users.
Click here to start a free 7-day trial of Shared Files PRO.
Some of the features in the Pro version are:
- Upload files using FTP and activate them with a single click
- Sort files into categories
- Fast search targeting file names and descriptions
- File load counter
- Bandwidth usage estimate
- Alternatively define an external URL for file and track those loads
- Optionally receive an email notify when a file is downloaded
- Password protected files
- Set expiration date to a file
- Limit number of downloads per file
- Front-end file uploader
- Multi-file uploader