All licence types allow use in staging and/or development domains without counting towards your site activations limit. There are some rules which automatically make certain domains eligible for development or staging.
These top-level domains are considered dev or staging:
- *.dev.cc (DesktopServer)
- *.myftpupload.com (GoDaddy)
- *.cloudwaysapps.com (Cloudways)
- *.wpsandbox.pro (WPSandbox)
- *.ngrok.io (tunneling)
- *.mystagingwebsite.com (Pressable)
- *.tempurl.host (WPMU DEV)
- *.wpmudev.host (WPMU DEV)
- *.websitepro-staging.com (Vendasta)
- *.websitepro.hosting (Vendasta)
- *.instawp.xyz (InstaWP)
Subdomains that are considered as dev or staging:
- stagingN.* (SiteGround; N is an unsigned int)
- .wpengine.com (WP Engine) dev-.pantheonsite.io (Pantheon)
- test-.pantheonsite.io (Pantheon) staging-.kinsta.com (Kinsta)
- staging-*.kinsta.cloud (Kinsta)
Additionally, if your domain is localhost (with any port), it will also be treated as a localhost domain.
If your domain isn’t in the list, just send us a message and we can activate a custom domain for you.